Sunday, April 24, 2011

Explanations and Pre trip Excitement

From April 27th to May 8th I will be traveling around China. You may be wondering what I’ll be doing there, or why I'm going in the first place. Whenever I tell anyone they are full of questions, so let me formally explain--every year, my dad visits many different cities in China like Shanghai, Hong Kong, Dongguan and more. He is the General Council for Coach Inc. and it is his responsibility to check up on the factories Coach has hired to manufacture their jewelry, clothing, and handbags. My dad first went to China for Coach in ’07 and ever since then has been saying how much he’d like to take me with him when I am older. So 4 years later, that time has come!

If it wasn’t for Life School I probably would not be able to accompany him. Since this is a very serious business trip and in no means a vacation I will be able to use the hours I’m there towards my Senior Internship. Every day of the trip is mapped out and we do not stay in one city for more than 2 nights. However I’m sure (hoping) we will find some time for sight seeing and unplanned endeavors…whatever that may include. My dad has mentioned seeing the giant Buddha statue…

Learning Independently From Experience is what the Life School stands for. Some things just can’t be taught in a classroom or from a textbook. By stepping out into the world whether that means traveling to China or Kenya, or working in a law firm in Manhattan, or with the infamous Anna Sui, these opportunities will be unlike any other. Getting the chance to explore whatever it is that interests you is a blessing.

I’m sure that my adventure through China will be extremely interesting, rewarding, and life changing. As of right now I don’t know much about Chinese culture or the various cities we will be visiting, but I do know I will learn a lot!!!!

I will be posting a schedule of our trip, daily updates, and lots and lots of photos! Wish me luck on the 16 hour flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment